Dr. Scott Akridge has been a proud Tri-City resident for over 50 years and offers his chiropractic services to the community just as his father did before him. He’s a fan of the outdoors, of which the Tri-City has plenty to enjoy, and graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic—the first institute of its kind in the world for teaching chiropractics.
Akridge Chiropractic and Neuropathy Relief Center prides itself on personal, patient-centered care to people of all ages, with all types of health conditions resulting from accidents, neck, back and joint injury, and neuropathy. Working together, we can design a course of treatment designed to be most beneficial to you.
We aim to continue being the best Tri-Cities chiropractor we can, and we do so with the following services.
With chiropractic care and taking care of your health, we treat the root causes of your pain-related problems, not just the symptoms. Patients who visit us for chiropractic care report a significant reduction in lower back pain within a month.
That reduction in pain leads to other tangible benefits such as
- Improved sleep – Chiropractic treatment and manipulation therapies improve blood flow in patients, which is essential for proper sleep.
- Reduced stress – Correcting misalignments or subluxations in the spine restores balance, allows your body to function normally, and lets your body rest when it needs to.
- Chronic pain relief – A qualified chiropractor can determine where inflammation and muscle tension may be occurring and will work on an effective treatment plan to address pain intensity and ease pain symptoms.
- Improved immune system – Because the nervous system and immune system are connected, bringing relief to one directly benefits the other. By treating your pain, your immune system will grow stronger, keeping you healthy longer.
- Less reliant on medication – Many people understandably are not fond of relying on pain medications to get through their day. They’re expensive and often have unpleasant side effects. Effective chiropractic care offers an alternative to pain medication that is healthier, less expensive, and more effective in the long run.
As we pride ourselves on addressing all your pain management needs, we also offer high-power deep tissue laser therapy, which has been proven to be effective in treating acute and chronic pain. It is a safe, non-invasive treatment that uses light to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and promote healing and soft tissue repair.
Specific examples of the types of issues laser therapy helps patients with include:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- TMJ Syndrome
- Post-surgical hip and shoulder pain
- Headache and migraine relief
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
That’s just a start. If you want to know more about how laser therapy can help you, just ask. We’d be happy to sit down with you to discuss your options.
Neuropathy Pain Relief
A big problem with neuropathy is dealing with many doctors telling patients that it is untreatable, and they will have to “deal with it.”
Not good enough.
We take the issue seriously. By treating your pain instead of dismissing it, we can help lessen incidents of falls, fractures, and imbalance often caused by neuropathy. With a combination of cutting-edge treatments using Class IV infrared light therapy and vibration therapy, we can increase peripheral circulation that blocks pain signals from the brain. This can also be tailored to improve balance, soreness, and stiffness in feet affected by neuropathy.
Restoring circulation in this manner can lead to the regeneration of damaged nerve tissue, reversing neuropathy’s overall effects. Also, long term maintenance can be done at home with simple therapies and nutritional protocols you can follow on your own.
We are conveniently located right in Kennewick, WA, at 8511 W Clearwater Ave. Feel free to contact us to make an appointment or get more information at 509-783-8145 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and learning how we can help!